Capture, manage and share information with ease
Manual processes slow you down and make it harder to adjust to customer expectations, postal rules, market trends and changing regulations. And errors can creep in when production steps are disconnected. Our Automated Document Factory (ADF) print and mail software is an integrated system that delivers:
- Control: See, manage and report on your entire operation, across sites, from a single dashboard. Switch work easily from one site to another for backup or disaster recovery purposes.
Cut costs by defining workflows easily, batching small jobs, improving pre- and post-print tasks and eliminating manual errors.
Adapt to changing business conditions and compliance requirements, bring new work on board, and distribute information via multiple channels — print, web, archive, fax and more.
Start small if you like and add/remove hardware or software as needed, using the same core system. The included IBM® DB2® database grows with you.
Monitor each document through the entire production process, reconcile jobs, automate reprints and prove compliance.
- Interoperability among devices, applications and processes:
Use the printers, inserters and software you already have or ask us for recommendations.
Refine requirements with an upfront assessment
With a customized solution like ADF, our assessment is critical for planning and implementing the functions you need — queue management, reports, failover systems, transforms, and so on. In addition to our regular ADF, you can opt for specific solutions such as RICOH ProcessDirector, the backbone software of our ADFs.
Count on measurable results
Software and workflows are only as good as the results they produce. Our ADFs help you transform any datastream and improve operations by:
- Meeting deadlines: Track deadline performance automatically. From a single interface, you can see when jobs are on time, late or in jeopardy.
- Identifying every document: Unique identifiers for every document enable you to make changes quickly, accept new requests and complex jobs, and transition to color more easily.
- Integrating with other business systems: For example, connect with your CRM database to improve customer service delivery.
- Keeping your business running: In case of unexpected downtime, our optional automatic server failover works among different devices or sites.
Take advantage of postal discounts
Postage is a big cost-cutting target because it represents the majority of production expenses. But understanding and applying the USPS rules can be daunting. Fortunately, our ADF team is up to speed. We'll implement the rules in your workflow software, and you won’t need to become a USPS expert on top of your regular job.
Raise mailroom efficiency
An ADF in your mailroom receives feedback from inserters — every major brand — and it sends and receives inserter commands. Optional mounted scanners can track documents through finishing equipment such as coaters and perfect binders. In addition to automating reprints, you can:
- Eliminate manual reconciliation of your inserter process.
- Monitor existing camera- or file-based inserters to verify that every page and every envelope are in sequence.
- Detect and log damaged pieces and initiate the reprint, so you touch only the pieces destined for the shredder.
- Establish rules (splitting/sorting/grouping) to expedite job processing.