Is it critical?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you're working with critical communications. And if you make a mistake, your business suffers. If you print them accurately, your business prospers.
- Does the document have to be perfect?
- Is it regulated?
- Are you required to track and report on it?
- Does it contain customization or personal information?
Cash in on critical communications
How large is the opportunity? In the U.S., billions of "critical" documents are produced every year—insurance policies, medical records, voting ballots, statements, customized direct mail, casino coupons, lottery tickets and more. Ricoh’s Critical Communications solution suite helps you prove that each critical communication is accurately produced and delivered. How can you produce these jobs successfully and prove accuracy at the lowest cost? Implement one of our critical communications solutions because it addresses specific operating challenges:
- Postal optimization. Streamline mail handling and qualify for postal discounts.
- Tracking and compliance. Drive 100 percent integrity and meet reporting requirements.
- Automation. Eliminate human errors and manual tasks.
- Productivity/cost reduction. Reduce labor costs, improve throughput and increase utilization rates of assets you already own.
We specialize in helping companies like yours handle sensitive information without a hitch. For decades, our workflow solutions have kept information moving efficiently, in the right formats, in the way that people want to receive their documents.
See how Ricoh's critical communications suite has helped CCS Printing improved their mailroom integrity for their two million pages printed each month.
Get your regulatory ducks in a row
Industries such as healthcare and finance want to outsource printing more than ever, but maintaining regulatory compliance can be daunting. Worry no more. Our easy-to-use, turnkey Critical Communications solutions prevent errors from creeping into your work. And when regulations and document formats change, your solution can be reconfigured easily. No need to risk non-compliance.
Tag, data integrity, you're it
Our Critical Communications software tags each document and page electronically, so you can pinpoint errors and jobs that require reprinting. You can report on each piece to prove that each document is delivered to the right person and complies with the applicable regulations.
Downsize mail costs
Do you know your total cost of postage, materials, insertion equipment and sorting equipment? Here’s a hint: It’s a big number. Downsize it! And get all the discounts you deserve. Our Postal Enablement feature automates the step of extracting address information from fully composed documents so it can be sent to third-party postal optimization software. You can ease into postal optimization or jump in with both feet. Here's why. You can install the Postal Enablement feature yourself or ask our Professional Services team to design and install a complete, customized Mail Integrity solution that builds on the feature.
Small business, big results
Our Critical Communications solutions rival the solutions available to large businesses—at a fraction of the cost. And because they are vendor neutral, they fit right into your infrastructure so you can avoid complications or costly surprises. Want to be even more competitive? Consider data analytics or a modern document composition solution.
The Critical Communications solution suite
The Critical Communications solution suite consists of three software "platforms".
Postal Enablement extracts address information from fully composed documents and presents it to third-party postal optimization software. The address information is cleansed, invalid addresses are suppressed, and addresses are sorted in post office-ready sequence. You can use any third-party software you want, but the feature is tested with industry-leading products.
By automating this critical early step in your mail workflow, you can manage information more easily and reduce labor costs. For example, with RICOH ProcessDirector and RICOH ProcessDirector Express, you can set up and configure workflow once and simply run jobs after that. The software automatically pulls out the address information and puts back the corrected address information that is returned from the third-party software.
- Automated Verification enables 100 percent mail integrity and peace of mind. It scans pieces at multiple points in a workflow, reports errors and automates any necessary reprints.
- Deadline Tracker helps keep jobs on schedule based on criteria you set.
- Cutsheet printer support for Xerox and Kodak lets you connect the cutsheet printers of Ricoh and other leading manufacturers to the workflow. And you can count on piece-level integrity regardless of which printer you use.
TotalFlow DocEnhancer, an Adobe Acrobat Professional plug-in tool, allows you to edit fully composed PDF files and extract data to prepare lists and reports. Optional critical communications features include:
Postal Enablement extracts address information from fully composed documents and presents it to the third-party postal optimization software of your choosing. The address information is cleansed, invalid addresses are suppressed, and addresses are sorted in post office-ready sequence. You can ease into postal optimization— a few mouse clicks and you're on your way to saving postage because you won't mail items with invalid addresses.
- Ticketer simplifies and speeds up ticketing because you can set rules once for media, finishing and exceptions for all pieces in a file.
- Verification provides basic tracking, accounting, reprinting and reporting capabilities, so you can know that every piece is produced accurately.