Ricoh’s Interact community event brings users together to discover new trends to help foster operational advancements
Back by popular demand, professionals gather in Boulder for a week of hands-on interactive sessions and insightful discussions
MALVERN, PA, September 10, 2015 – Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced that its Interact community event successfully returned to Boulder, Colo., June 23-26, 2015, enabling print professionals to become immersed in production print technology advancements, study best practices, discover trends, share operational ideas, and engage with digital communications experts. Interact, deemed “highly informative and network worthy” by previous attendees, once again brought together operations personnel, technical analysts and administrators to discuss how best to leverage new and existing technologies to get the most out of their print operations, better serving their customers and more fully realizing their goals.
As today’s work environment continues to change, it’s necessary for users of all levels to have hands-on experience with inkjet technology innovations, advanced workflows and next generation services that will help make information work better for them and their customers. To that end, Ricoh convened a diverse group of print professionals to facilitate better understanding – and, by extension, better operations – across each step, task and job involved in the print process.
At this year’s event, Ricoh incorporated past attendee feedback to provide sessions including:
- A merged RICOH ProcessDirector User Community Event with the Continuous Feed User Community Event, facilitating collaboration among a wider range of industry peers;
- Two additional RICOH ProcessDirector-specific half-day user sessions that focused on group interaction and information sharing;
- A Continuous Feed Inkjet Track that highlighted new technologies, specific best practices attendees can leverage in their own shops, and the relationship between paper science and inkjet; and
- A RICOH ProcessDirector Solution Track that focused on hot topics such as multi-channel output, tracking and compliance, and integration with MIS systems.
This feedback-driven approach resulted in the development of presentations that matched Ricoh’s areas of expertise to the specific topics attendees sought to learn more about. The feedback from the attendees, ranging from production print representatives for Fortune 500 organizations to those responsible for the printing of millions of linear feet annually, was overwhelmingly positive. Positive feedback included:
- “You may think you have it all figured out, but at a conference like this one, you run into new ideas, and you find yourself saying, ‘Oh, this is how I can do things differently,’” said Mike Sharifi, Application Developer, First Data Corporation. “It’s nice to have that face-to-face interaction, both with your colleagues and with the Ricoh experts.”
- “You get this special, unique customized tour of what Ricoh has to offer in a setting where you can fully understand everything,” said Patty Lindsey, Service Delivery Manager, Amerigroup/Anthem.
- “The information I learned this week will be implemented by the end of next week,” said Bob Kolva, Director of Data and Imaging Operations, Action Mailers.
“We’ve brought together a knowledgeable group of people that represent a cross-section of the print industry,” said Ted Takahashi, Senior Vice President, Production Print Global Marketing Center, Ricoh Company, Ltd. “An event like this allows people from different segments who might not normally talk shop together share ideas, which can lead to the kind of deep, broad understanding that helps drive innovation and foster operational advancements. On top of that, attendees heard from seasoned experts who shared tricks of the trade and fresh ideas for improving established practices – it was a real marketplace of collaboration, and we look forward to future gatherings.”
Some of the speakers who participated in Interact 2015 included entrepreneur Tamara Kleinberg; Peter Holtgreive, Continuous Improvement Director of Manufacturer’s Edge; Jeff Weldon, Vice President of Madison Advisors and Ricoh’s color management expert Tobias Saalfeld.
For more information about Ricoh’s production print portfolio, please visit www.ricoh-usa.com/rpp.
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2014, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,236 billion yen (approx. 21.7 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/.
Ricoh Americas Corporation
Breakaway Communications for Ricoh
© 2015 Ricoh Company, Ltd. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.