Ricoh expands production print portfolio to help printers capture more business
New capabilities deliver needed information with more automation, added productivity and advanced finishing options
MALVERN, PA, September 13, 2015 – Ricoh Americas Corporation today unveiled new additions to its award-winning production print portfolio, aimed at helping printers increase their profitability. The RICOH Pro 8100e series of monochrome production printers, along with the Ricoh Peripheral Interface Port (RPIP), bring new capabilities to automate commercial, data center and corporate production tasks more efficiently while enabling more options for in-line finishing. As clients’ needs continue to become more time sensitive and require the flexibility of printing on larger sizes with thicker stocks, these additions help printers deliver the information their customers want affordably and effectively.
The RICOH Pro 8100e series features both multifunction RICOH Pro 8100se series models and printer only RICOH Pro 8100e series models with speeds up to 135 pages per minute. These models enable printers to churn through high-volume jobs quickly and deliver critical information to the right audience at the right time. With the RPIP, users now have the ability to expand their in-line finishing options, increasing the speed and flexibility of their operation. RPIP aids printers in reducing manual touch points and wait times between printing and finishing, which can lead to fewer errors, faster turnaround times and, by extension, more business.
“Whether we’re speaking with commercial printers or corporations with in-plant operations, we often hear the same requests: ‘We need to do more in less time,’” said John Fulena, Vice President, Production Printing Business Group, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “Helping our customers grow profitability is directly tied to addressing this need. With the additions of the RICOH Pro 8100e and RICOH Pro 8100se models and RPIP, we’re confident commercial printers of all sizes can do just that. And we’re not stopping there; we’ll continue to expand our portfolio to help our customers meet their clients’ demands time and time again.”
With the RICOH Pro 8100e series, printers can:
- Print longer runs with fewer interruptions: With the ability to print up to one million impressions per month, these models offer nine paper trays with capacity for up to 12,650 sheets to handle even the largest jobs;
- Automate more jobs with RPIP: With a comprehensive list of in-line finishing options, including compatibility with CP Bourg, Duplo and Watkiss, printers can now confidently deliver professional-grade booklets, reporters, brochures and more. Jobs are also less reliant on manual tasks as automatic stapling, hole-punching, saddle-stitching, de-curling and cover insertion are now fully automated;
- Reduce energy consumption: In addition to the RICOH Pro 8100e series’ ENERGY STAR® rating, its standard duplex scanning helps to maximize efficiency. It also qualifies as a Gold level for EPEAT® (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool), based on the IEEE 1680 International Standards;
- Meet more deadlines: With the ability to integrate with RICOH TotalFlow® Prep, Print Manager, Path and BatchBuilder, printers can streamline the output and workflow processes, helping to keep both individual jobs and overall revenue flowing;
- Share messages with more types of media: With the RICOH Pro 8100e series, printers can print on stocks up to 350 g/m and can transition to textured, coated or specialty stocks automatically without slowing down job flow. MICR capabilities are also available for check printing, helping to expedite processing and reduce costs.
For more information about the RICOH Pro 8100e series or the RPIP, please visit: http://bit.ly/RICOHPro8100e.
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2014, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,236 billion yen (approx. 21.7 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/.
Ricoh Americas Corporation
Breakaway Communications for Ricoh
© 2015 Ricoh Company, Ltd. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks