Ricoh enhances software portfolio to help customers drive efficiencies, increase control in output environments
Updated RICOH ProcessDirector integrates multi-channel capabilities; InfoPrint Manager adds Linux support.
MALVERN, PA, July 9, 2015 – Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced enhancements to its software portfolio, which customers have long relied on to help ensure accuracy, efficiency and quality in their output operations. These updates to RICOH ProcessDirector and InfoPrint Manager address key pain points for print service providers looking to adapt to the new world of work, including those hoping to broaden their reach into new channels of communication, such as email and electronic presentment.
“We work with a lot of print service providers, many of whom have been trying to make the jump to multi-channel communications,” said John Fulena, Vice President, Production Printing Business Group, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “We identified the struggles they are experiencing as they try to efficiently operate additional communication channels. For some of our customers, three times as many channels could mean three times as much work – so we see an opportunity to enhance components of our legacy workflow offerings to help make their transition as smooth as possible.”
- Cut costs, change up an approach, or meet customer demands by sending all or part of a job’s documents via email. Emailed documents can be set to dynamically pull key information into subject lines, arranging the message in the manner most useful to the reader.
- Allow users easy, secure access to their documents on their terms by setting all or part of a job’s documents to be represented in an accessible electronic format. With these electronic presentment capabilities, users can set separate versions for different audiences, such as internal help desk and external customers, with different kinds of information available.
- Engage customers via the medium they prefer by leveraging a preference management system that matches communications addressed to a customer to their expressed preferred channel, pulled from a database collected from reader responses the user gathers.
- Reduce waste and increase workspace by utilizing preset AFP forms that are dynamically filled in at time of printing, so users no longer have to store preprinted forms, many of which can go unused.
- Keep data safe while making RICOH ProcessDirector easier to use, integrating its security system into users’ own infrastructure and allowing user accounts to be more easily managed across users’ systems.
- Pinpoint errors and learn from past successes with the ability to archive one’s entire production history.
In addition to these workflow software offerings, Ricoh has also enhanced its InfoPrint Manager solution. With its strong legacy in enabling printers to have centralized control of their print operations to improve visibility and efficiency, InfoPrint Manager now offers added support for Linux platforms, bringing the power of the enterprise output management solution to a broader range of users. Watch this video to see how: https://youtu.be/s-0uKGYiLj4.
These enhancements continue Ricoh’s work to help its customers drive efficiencies and increase control in their output environments. For more information on how Ricoh can help your business, watch this video series.
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2015, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,231 billion yen (approx. 18.5 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/
Ricoh Americas Corporation
© 2015 Ricoh Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.