Ricoh defines production print at GRAPH EXPO 14
Attendees to experience award-winning new hardware and software solutions throughout Ricoh’s business metropolis
CHICAGO (GRAPH EXPO 14, Booth #1931) – September 28, 2014 – Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced its lineup of innovations at GRAPH EXPO 14, featuring its extensive portfolio of new and enhanced hardware, software and services. With award-winning offerings that span from digital cutsheet, wide-format and inkjet continuous feed devices; to critical communications and workflow offerings, to digital marketing and color management services, Ricoh is defining what production print means to businesses today and in the future.
Ricoh’s booth metropolis is filled with tools that speak to customer needs – innovative technology solutions aimed at making information work for printers of all sizes, helping to reduce operating costs, and increase efficiencies and business opportunities. As attendees wander through the cityscape, they can enter subway stations or bus stops and watch videos and presentations on a Jumbotron screen, experiencing the breadth of Ricoh solutions in action.
Innovations showcased at the booth (#1931) include:
- MUST SEE ‘EM 2014 Award-Winning RICOH Pro VC60000 marks a new milestone in the evolution of its production print inkjet portfolio. The new system, coupled with Ricoh’s software offerings, enables a more rapid shift from offset to digital as commercial printers focus on data-driven applications and workflows requiring high performance color inkjet presses with vibrant print quality and increased media flexibility. The RICOH Pro VC60000 is capable of producing more than 100,000 letter images per hour.
- RICOH Pro C7100X series, Ricoh’s latest production cutsheet device family, offers a fifth color station. With an added station for either white or clear ink, these high-speed, production color devices and multi-function printers (MFPs) enable shops to expand their application portfolio and deliver unique output to their end customers. The RICOH Pro C7110X, printing at 90 pages per minute (ppm), will be on display in the Ricoh booth with a GBC StreamPunch Ultra finishing solution.
- RICOH Pro C9100 series is Ricoh’s newest high speed, heavy segment production color device family. With speeds of up to 110 and 130 ppm and the ability to print on media up to 400 gsm, the RICOH Pro C9100 and RICOH Pro C9110 deliver high-quality output, increased productivity and reliability at prices much lower than what is currently available today, further enabling companies to transition from offset to digital.
- MUST SEE ‘EM 2014 Award-Winning RICOH TotalFlow BatchBuilder is a new, industry-first software solution simplifies and automates the batching and scheduling of short-run digital work for centralized job control. The vendor-neutral offering empowers users seeking better ways to meet production demands from high volumes of short-run and on demand jobs, while minimizing labor costs, increasing efficiency and throughput, and more effectively managing jobs.
- RICOH TotalFlow Path is a hardware agnostic offering designed to intelligently connect multiple production print processes ultimately increasing automation. It allows printers to redefine workflows; merge stages of the print process; including applications such as web-to-print; pre-press; print management etc., and enable information to flow swiftly and easily while keeping overall operating costs low.
- Critical Communications Solutions Suite – featuring the MUST SEE ‘EM 2014 award-winning postal enablement feature, this industry-first portfolio now offers a new Avanti Slingshot Connect feature, enabling users to send jobs and JDF information to their MIS system from RICOH ProcessDirector. This updated version of the solution also enables users to archive PDF and AFP jobs, and their associated index information, as a step in workflow before or after print. This new integrated Archive feature empowers operators to search for archived jobs or documents quickly and easily right from the GUI and then view, reprint or take other actions as needed.
- MUST SEE ‘EM 2014 Award-Winning 1to1Create Marketing Services is a cloud-based platform and subscription service aimed to help small to medium sized Print Service Providers create launch, track, manage, modify and optimize turnkey cross-media marketing campaigns. It provides a website portal equipped with the tools, templates and tips needed to execute ROI-generating personalized marketing campaigns. The platform offers solutions to select prepared graphics, target customers’ audiences, acquire mailing lists, set pricing and more.
- Ricoh’s Color Management Services is a full suite of solutions and services that enable printers to develop an effective color management strategy and meet color requirements from their customers. These services offer a number of tools to printers including: color gap analysis, color conformance and assistance, G7 master printer qualification service and customer color management. This service, which now includes a selection of CGS ORIS solutions, was develop to satisfy printer specific training needs and support print service providers, especially those in environments where achieving color consistency and excellence is essential to their business.
- RICOH Pro L4160 is a wide-format color printer designed for sign shops and printers providing large display-type print jobs. It offers superior print quality and color matching that is a must for printing brilliant signs, banners, wraps, and point of sale displays in vivid color on a wide range of substrates. Seven-color printing – CMYK, orange, green and white aqueous latex inks – offers an increased color gamut and the ability to print on clear substrates and backlit substrates. The printer’s aqueous latex inks are also toxin-free and odorless, eliminating the need for special ventilation equipment. At GRAPH EXPO, Ricoh will highlight the RICOH Pro L4160 with a GBC Spire laminator.
- RICOH Pro C5110s sets a standard in value, versatility and footprint. Multiple technologies that include a unique ac-transfer system and elastic fusing belt illustrate outstanding output on a wide variety of textured media. Ricoh’s expanded media library enables customers to easily manage an extensive list of substrates and the key printing parameters to optimize the output quality on each substrate, thus maximizing productivity and image quality.
- RICOH Pro C8120s is a production monochrome multi-functional device that aims to affordably meet the needs of a production print environment. It features up to 220 IPM duplex color scanning, 1200 x 4800dpi resolution, and 40 gsm to 300 gsm multi-type media support, empowering customers with greater output flexibility and more cost-efficient print operations. At GRAPH EXPO, Ricoh will highlight the RICOH Pro C8120s with a Plockmatic PBM-500 finishing solution.
- InfoPrint 5000 MP is a continuous feed inkjet platform that will be featured for the first time at GRAPH EXPO in a monochrome configuration. It offers customers a compact footprint and low power consumption for the production of applications such as books, posters, transactional and marketing materials.
At GRAPH EXPO, Ricoh will give attendees an in-depth look at new solutions and services including offerings from PTI, Avanti and other strategic partners. These offerings are aimed to provide customers with the tools necessary to properly enhance their production and communications services, helping to make their business more productive.
For more information on Ricoh’s solutions, visit: www.ricoh-usa.com/rpp. If you are a member of the media or analyst community attending the show and are interested in speaking with Ricoh executives, please contact Tracey Sheehy at email@example.com.
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2014, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,236 billion yen (approx. 21.7 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/.
Ricoh Americas Corporation
© 2014 Ricoh Company, Ltd. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.