Ricoh announces availability of RICOH Pro C7100X series at Graphics of the Americas
Five color production printer series equips customers with capabilities to create new applications, grow businesses, increase revenue streams and cut costs.
MALVERN, PA, February 26, 2015 – Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced the availability of the RICOH Pro C7100X series, its latest production cutsheet device family that offers users a fifth color station to help enable a wider range of applications. Announced at GRAPH EXPO ’14, these high-speed, production color printers and multi-function devices (MFPs) deliver the ability to print with white or clear via the fifth station. The RICOH Pro C7110X will be on display in the Ricoh booth, # 644, at the Graphics of the Americas show in Miami, February 26 – 28, 2015.
Ideal for small and mid-sized printers, the RICOH Pro C7100X series, provides these shops with the flexibility and capabilities to create the type of eye catching output their customers want without the expensive price tag normally associated with printing equipment in this engine class. With the ability to produce jobs that use clear or white ink, to producing near offset image quality on oversized media, window clings, VDP, POP displays and custom materials, printers can now create output that differentiates them from the competition.
“Since we implemented the RICOH Pro C7110X six months ago, we have delivered an even wider range of unique applications to our customers and seen a cost savings of 25 percent. These benefits have allowed us to expand our offerings and natively produce previously outsourced jobs,” said Nathanial Grant, President of GAM Graphics and Marketing, a full service marketing firm that offers comprehensive printing and fulfillment services. “From printing on dark stock to linen, both we and our customers have been more than impressed with the level of quality and output this digital system offers.”
Utilizing fifth-station colors, the RICOH Pro C7100X prints at speeds of up to 80ppm and the RICOH Pro C7110X at speeds of up to 90 ppm, both based upon A4. They have a maximum sheet size of 13x19.2 and a maximum monthly volume of 240,000 based on letter size. Printing at 1200x4800dpi with VCSEL image quality on a wide variety of media ranging from tree-based paper to synthetics and envelopes, the RICOH Pro C7100X series supports paper weights of up to 360gsm in both simplex and duplex. In addition, printers can further expand their offerings and control quality with inline finishing solutions that allow for a variety of options including Booklet Maker, Punching, Saddle Stitch, and more.
“Cost, not creativity or expertise, has truly been the only factor limiting many small and mid-sized shops from expanding their application portfolios,” said John Fulena, Vice President, Production Print Business Group, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “Seeing so many of our customers facing this obstacle, we knew we had to work with them to create a more cost-effective, versatile route to delivering the highest quality output. Now, our small and mid-size printers can spread their capabilities into new markets, shorten their print runs and maintain the type of quality their customers demand, all at a cost that will keep them within budget.”
The RICOH Pro C7100X series also:
- Features an AC-transfer system and elastic fusing belt technology to enhance output on a variety of heavily textured media such as vellum and linen;
- Utilizes Ricoh’s new vacuum feed LCT with an option to enable oversized prints of up to 27.5 inches in length;
- Provides the ability to produce jobs that use clear or white ink;
- Achieves tight sheet-to-sheet registration through a mechanical registration system which squares the sheet prior to imaging and can easily be adjusted from the user interface;
- Incorporates a fusing belt smoothing roller that helps address fuser burn on the fusing belt;
- Offers a media library that allows users to adjust and associate different parameters per substrate to help ensure IQ and reliability;
- Comes backed by Ricoh’s TCRU program (Trained Customer Replaceable Units) which enables customers to replace more than a dozen parts for increased uptime;
- Includes a self-contained liquid cooling system that keeps the developer at a constant temperature and minimizes disruptions in extended production runs;
- Offers a complete suite of optional finishing solutions that result in collated, finished documents ready for distribution with no manual intervention. This includes in-line ring bind, perfect bind, as well as new Plockmatic Bookletmakers and GBC StreamPunch Ultra.
Visit the Ricoh website for further information: www.ricoh-usa.com/rpp.
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2014, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,236 billion yen (approx. 21.7 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/.
Ricoh Americas Corporation
© 2014 Ricoh Company, Ltd. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.