PRINT 13: Ricoh Showcases New Enhancements and Features on Its Market-Leading InfoPrint 5000 Platform
Solution continues to empower customers to deliver high quality output in today’s ever-changing print environment
CHICAGO (PRINT 13, Booth #1931) – September 9, 2013
Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced significant enhancements to its InfoPrint 5000, the company’s flagship inkjet continuous form solution, aimed to help increase customer efficiency, productivity and color quality. Only a few months after surpassing the milestone of printing 40 billion production impressions worldwide, the InfoPrint 5000 family continues its momentum, maintaining number-one market share in U.S. for the fifth year in a row, according to IDC’s U.S. Production Printer and MFP 2012 Vendor Shares (Doc#: 240258, March 2013).
On display this week at PRINT 13, the InfoPrint 5000 provides transactional and commercial printers with high quality, flexible and efficient solutions that meet their individual requirements. Offering ease-of-use and productivity features such as the new auto-splicing solution, varied configuration options, unique suite of ink management tools, unmatched printhead life and enhanced print quality capabilities, the InfoPrint 5000 has been pleasing customers including Diamond Marketing Solutions, Fiserv, Pinnacle Data Systems and Frederic Printing for years.
“At Ricoh, we know that our customers’ needs are continually evolving as their clients make new demands and expand their portfolios, so we are constantly looking for ways to further enhance the platform to continue to meet these requests,” said George Promis, vice president of continuous forms production solutions and technology alliances, Ricoh. “We continue to leverage our proven technology expertise and extensive skills to grow our product line, helping our customers excel and achieve desired results with their clients.”
The latest enhancements to the InfoPrint 5000 include:
- Print Quality Enhancements: A new suite of enhancements are now available that will produce color output with more vibrancy and higher density blacks, enabling even more digital applications for print shops, commercial printers, data centers, and in-plant printers, comparable to the output of offset devices.
- InfoPrint 5000 MP “H” Configuration: Shown for the first time at PRINT 13 will be our InfoPrint 5000 GP platform in an H configuration. The InfoPrint 5000 MP line has now been upgraded to allow for printing in I, L, U, & H configurations. This also includes dual simplex printing capability so that customers can drive the two print engines printing separate applications, on two kinds of paper, at two different speeds. All of this is done with the state-of-the art InfoPrint 5000 controller.
- New Page Length Capabilities: This added flexibility allows the InfoPrint 5000 GP Color to now handle page lengths up to 54 inches, providing customers with the versatility to print different types of output for their varying needs for multiple n-up signatures and longer form lengths.
- Extended Media Handling Option: This feature was designed for the InfoPrint 5000 GP platforms to enable the handling of heavier weight paper. With this feature, printers can now use paper weights up to 250 gsm and in conjunction with the extended media dryer option allowing for even more versatility in paper usage and color quality output.
Ricoh’s flagship InfoPrint 5000 platform continues to offer customers unparalleled technology leadership and value in several high profile areas:
- Longest Printhead Life and Highest Reliability in the Industry: The InfoPrint 5000’s printheads are the most reliable in the market, and are a key component in producing superb quality output, based on unique dynamic variable drop size technology.
- Variety of High-Yield, Low Water Content Inks: The InfoPrint 5000 consumes up to 50 percent less power than other products in the market, and is capable of using a variety of pigment, dye, and MICR inks.
- Exceptional Color Consistency and Color Management Tools: The InfoPrint 5000 offers exceptional color consistency. Ricoh offers state-of-the-art color management tools for increased cost savings, including the Ink Savvy tool for ink optimization, which now supports coated papers including Appleton Utopia 45 pound Book. Ink Savvy can provide ink usage reductions from 10-50 percent, while preserving the document’s high-quality color appearance.
- Predictable and Easy Operations: In addition to offering industry-leading self-diagnosis, self-correction and ink conservation capabilities, the user-friendly operator GUI and notifications enable operators to quickly learn the system
- A Growing List of Satisfied Customers: Ricoh concentrates on supporting all of its customers with a professional team of experts before, during and after the implementation of an InfoPrint 5000 print solution.
For more information about Ricoh at PRINT 13, please visit the company’s Virtual Event Center to see its solutions and applications in action: http://bit.ly/Print13.
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in more than 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2012, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,903 billion yen (approx. 23 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about.
© 2013 Ricoh Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are
the trademarks of their respective companies
*IDC U.S. Production Printer and MFP 2012 Vendor Shares (Doc #240258) Mar 2013