New wide format solution enables AEC market to share big ideas and create new opportunities
Users can share everyday wide-format technical drawings, schematics, and more, hands-on or digitally, with the RICOH MP W7100/W8140 wide format digital imaging system
MALVERN, PA, October 28, 2015 – Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced the new RICOH MP W7100/W8140 wide format digital imaging system, a versatile, affordable multifunction device which enables users to capture, transform and share wide-format information quickly, conveniently and economically from a single device – whether colleagues and clients are in the boardroom, on-site or on the manufacturing floor. Users can produce wide-format technical drawings, schematics, presentations and more for a hands-on, up-close look at key details and other critical information with the W7100/W8140’s high-quality black-and-white printing, copying and built-in color scanning.
The RICOH MP W7100/MP W8140 is ideal for architectural, engineering and construction (AEC) firms who are looking to manage wide-format output with ease from a single multifunction device with a compact footprint while keeping more mid-volume, wide-format projects in house. Users can simply walk up and print up to 14 D-size wide format monochrome documents per minute, or scan full color originals and send to recipients with the press of a button. An intuitive 9-inch color VGA operation touch panel enables users to take advantage of thumbnail previews and check their work to avoid any errors before sharing it with colleagues and clients.
“Architectural, construction and engineering firms create every day, and they often have to share their ideas with a high level of detail and a high level of urgency,” said John Fulena, Vice President, Production Printing Business Group, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “We’ve designed the RICOH W7100/W8140 to handle wide-format drawings, schematics, and presentations in the variety of forms this information is needed – whether it’s printed in the hands of a site manager, or shared digitally on a screen in a meeting. The device’s speed, accuracy and ease of use goes beyond the function of scanning and printing; it helps empower users to make faster, more informed decisions and stay ahead of their jobs’ deadline and budget constraints.”
The RICOH W7100/MP W8140 wide-format system also offers users the following features and benefits:
- Digitize information to speed up collaboration: Users can put information into the hands of the people who need it by distributing plans, maps and drawings electronically via high quality, built-in color scanning to e-mail, USB drive, SD card, folder, FTP site or document server.
- Ease of use for smooth workflows: With icon-based, one-touch control from an easy-to-use, 9-inch-wide, color VGA operation panel, users can move between tasks seamlessly and avoid lengthy downtime with animated guidance to help access paper jams or changing toner easily from the front of the device.
- Protect information, secure more work: Advanced encryption tools, including Windows Authentication and PDF encryption, help thwart threats to password-protected information. DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS) overwrites latent images and data on the hard drive automatically. Jobs can also be held at the device until released by swiping an ID card or entering a password at the control panel.
- Make adjustments to fit unique environments and preferences: The optional scanner separation unit allows the printer to be separated from the scanner for big scanning and printing jobs that need to happen at the same time, minimizing delays and keeping deadlines intact.
- Manage the device from any location: Web Image Monitor allows documents and job details to be viewed and managed remotely. Nearly any file, in many formats, can be printed easily, even when managing files created in disparate applications. With the optional Ricoh PrintCopy Tool, users can print jobs and build sets — including TIFF, CALS, PDF and more — via a web browser, wherever their work takes them.
- Use powerful controllers for precise prints: Powerful PC drivers enable precise, accurate reproductions of browser-based CALS, HP-GL, HP-GL2, PDFs, TIFFs, and even direct AutoCAD files.
- A sustainable tool: The RICOH MP W7100/MP W8140 is ENERGY STAR® certified and EPEAT® Gold rated.
To learn more about how the RICOH MP W7100/MP W8140 can help you manage a variety of wide-format projects from one device, visit the Ricoh website for further information: http://bit.ly/RICOHProW7100.
 EPEAT rating is applicable only in the USA
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2014, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,236 billion yen (approx. 21.7 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/.
Ricoh Americas Corporation
Breakaway Communications for Ricoh
© 2015 Ricoh Company, Ltd. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.