For years, GAM had been searching for a "right-priced technology solution" that would enable them to differentiate themselves and capture business in high-end retail, customized promotions and packaging. And they wanted to break into industries that had shut them out, specifically restaurant and hospitality. The RICOH Pro C7100X Series helped GAM expand its range of clients and keep specialty jobs in-house.
"The RICOH Pro C7100X really leveled the playing field for us. Instead of watching jobs for decals, short-run book jacket covers, oversized brochures and loyalty cards walk right out the door because we didn't have the in-house capabilities, we were suddenly able to keep those dollars in-house and grow."
Nathaniel Grant, Owner, Graphics and Marketing (GAM)
As a beta test site for the RICOH Pro C7100X, GAM put the printer through its paces and proved the value it brought to the business and to their customers' businesses.
The RICOH Pro C7100X is five-station digital color production print system that supports clear toner, white toner, oversize sheet printing and synthetic and specialty media. Using Pro C7100X capabilities such as variable data, near-offset quality and inline finishing, GAM can produce premium quality materials quickly and affordably.
With all the information and support that comes with the system, sales and operations can get up to speed quickly:
- The 5th Color Kit contains a file prep and sales tip guide, a sample book and full-size application print samples.
- Fifth-color print samples enable GAM to produce samples for their sales reps to show to clients.
- Sales tools include sell sheets and a brochure that link the printer's capabilities to tangible business benefits.
- Video tutorials walk users through file setup and ways to get the most benefit from white and clear toners.
- Access to Ricoh's Business Booster site provides resources and ongoing education.
GAM is a full-service print service provider that prides itself on high quality and outstanding customer support. The company offers offset, digital and wide-format printing services, along with mailing, bindery, fulfillment, marketing and creative services. Located in Sterling, Virginia, GAM services clients in industries such as hospitality, financial services and technology.
GAM's multi-year search for the right technology at the right price has a happy ending. According to Nathaniel Grant, the RICOH Pro C7100X Series is "a major part of our ongoing success story." As a result, the company has increased volume with current customers and entered new markets. Notable successes include:
- Becoming the go-to print resource for high-end retail and luxury brands with the ability to simulate metallic printing and produce promotional displays on synthetic materials.
- Propelling new growth with in-store signing and customizable seasonal promotional items for food service clients.
- Increasing revenue with creative agencies who like the eye-catching appeal of oversize pieces such as full-sized tri-fold brochures and packaging.
Further, GAM uses the clear toner to deliver security and authenticity watermarks that lead to "amazing returns on investment." The white toner, which enhances the purity of individual images, enables GAM to produce window clings, decals, light box transparencies and more.